Friday, October 25, 2013

October Viva La Verve!

Oh my goodness, hello!

It has certainly been a while! We have been in our new house for almost 3 weeks now and we're working to get settled. Some rooms are well put-together and other are still just piles of boxes (like my craft room!)

It is time to dust off the cardmaking supplies, though, because today I am bringing you this week's Viva La Verve! sketch challenge!

It would be great if you could join us!


That is the sketch I created for this week's challenge, and here is my card... I am pretty impressed with the supplies I was able to pull together - everything is still boxed up!


I really missed making cards for fall and Halloween, one of my favorite times to create for, so I took the opportunity to squeeze in another autumn card. I used elements from both the Autumn Splendor set as well as Bountiful Harvest. I stamped the images onto scrap cardstock and colored them with Copic markers before cutting them out.

The VLV sketch challenge is hosted on the Verve forum over on the Splitcoaststampers site. I encourage you to head over there and check out the challenge rules and join us! You could win $100 in Verve goodies, and really, who can pass that up?

I also hope you'll stop in the forum to see the amazing samples that some of the other DT ladies created using this week's sketch. They did such a fabulous job!

I am working on getting myself together so I have something I can share with you here. I am working on my craft room now, so hopefully I will have a workspace very soon! Thank you for stopping by!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Autumn Splendor, Bountiful Harvest - Verve Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Baked Brown Sugar - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Basic Grey; My Mind's Eye
INK: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko
OTHER: Standard Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Copic Markers

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Anya! Great to see you creating again. Love your card. Pumpkins, leaves, plaid - perfect!
    Congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Anya! Congrats on your new place - glad to see you back being inspiration for us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back! A beautiful autumn card - that sentiment is lovely!

    Glad all is going well with the move - they are always such hard work! But worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying the new house!! Love how you used the sketch....stumped me but, I came up with something!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fall scene as part of the elements of the sketch!! The blue plaid is wonderful with the rich fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new home! Great take on the sketch. Your cards are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!