Monday, April 2, 2012

Friend

Good morning! How are you today?

I finally broke down and cut my grass this weekend (well, to be honest, Bill was the one that actually cut the grass, but we're on the same page here). It was really getting long, and we finally conceded - but now we have a good 6 months of grass cutting ahead of us!

I have a card to share with you today, but first some news...

I have been asked to join the CardMaker Magazine Blog Team! I am really excited to join this fantastic group of designers and have the opportunity to work with such talented ladies. I was fortunate enough to first be published in CardMaker Magazine in November 2010, and I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed working with them since then! I am honored to have been asked to join the Blog Team - look forward to my first post coming up in the next few weeks! Until then, be sure to check out the CardMaker Blog for fun and inspiration.

Now how about a card?

I pulled out an old Stampin' Up! set - Cottage Rose - to make this one. It has been quite some time since I've used a red rubber stamp! The background was stamped with the Defining Words set from Wplus9. The strip of Crumb Cake cardstock was embossed with the Houndstooth embossing folder and then swiped with white ink. The roses were layered onto a Label Layers 2 die cut.

I so love this color combination, too - Melon Berry is one of my favorites.

Ok! So you've stuck with me this long, how about a little gifty giveaway in honor of my announcement and just because you are so awesome? I have SEVEN issues of CardMaker Magazine here (March, May, July, September, November 2011, January, May 2012) packed full of wonderful inspiration that I would love to send you! All you have to do is leave me a comment telling me what you did this weekend (maybe you gave in and cut your grass, too!). Random.org will choose a winner on Wednesday evening to receive the whole bunch.

Thanks for stopping by today - hope you have a great start to your week!

Anya

------------
Recipe:
STAMPS: Definitely Decorative Cottage Rose - Stampin' Up!; Defining Words, A Special Lady - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!
INK: Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Houndstooth Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Label Layers 2 Die - Wplus9

11 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous card. (I think I still have that set somewhere!) Beautiful. Huge congrats on the Cardmaker team too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I love all the beautiful texture on this card and the color combo is gorgeous. Big congrats to you on making the CardMaker team. We had a fairly low key weekend...I am training for a half marathon and ran 10 miles on Saturday...and then I was worn out...watched basketball Sat night and went shopping with my oldest son and mom on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your new cardmaker team, it sounds great, l know your comp would only be for your area but l thought l'd tell you anyway, we had a lovey weekend with some friends over for a meal and just relaxed on sunday as we were to tired to do anything else, and our grass got cut too......love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-congrats on your new CardMaker design team! My, what a busy weekend we had -- not cutting grass but working to be sure we grow some at my daughter's house. She's been in it for 3 seasons now, but this is the first spring that she's had a baby who's now a toddler. Seeing little Charlotte stumble over the clumps of grass, weeds and just plain dirt as she ran on 15-month old wobbly legs convinced the family that we needed to pitch in to make a real lawn. So my son rented a rototiller and got some friends to help ... delivered a truck full of topsoil and another full of mulch ... and over two days we had at that yard. 10,000 square feet in the backyard, all tilled, leveled, raked, topsoil, fresh seed, fertilizer, topped with 8 bales of hay. Laid 32 16-inch pavers for a new walkway from the patio to the front yard. It rained all day on Saturday and stayed cool enough to work. On Sunday, it was clear but chilly, with just enough breeze to help spread the hay, and just as we were done, God provided a nurturing soft rain.

    Today, I'm still paying for it -- these grandma knees ain't what they used to be. So I could really use some magazines to curl up with on the couch. Thanks for the fun giveaway, and congrats again.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya, I love this card - your rose is beautiful and I love your trademark houndstooth! Believe it or not I got my first PTI paper in January - I know right? More important...... Congratulations on your new post - I am looking forward to seeing more from you - glad to see your tallent recognized and rewarded - well done my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya, congratulations on your big news! I'm so pleased for you. Well deserved! I'll have to add the Cardmaker Blog to my list of blogs to check out. And your card is beautiful. Your melon berry rose is so pretty!

    I mowed for the first time last week, too. :) We had a BIG weekend! Friday night we went out to a charity dinner event with friends that benefited the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Saturday we went granite and appliance shopping. We are about to embark on a kitchen remodel/total gut project and so we've been busy making design decisions. I love going to granite warehouses and strolling through aisles lined with giant slabs of beautiful stone. Fun! And Sunday we moved a bunch of stuff around in the garage in preparation for this coming Saturday when we are going to move a bunch of our existing kitchen cabinets out into the garage. Can't wait to have all that additional storage! And finally, Sunday night was a thriller - we finished up our tax return. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is beautiful! Congratulatins and best wishes on your new blog team position! I actually got to stamp my weekend away to finish my Easter cards! It was a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO glad I stopped by today Anya and read your terrific news!! Big congrats to you GF!!! SO happy for you - and I know you'll be a great asset to the team! Love this pretty card with the layered flower and pretty inked embossed bg!

    I had a busy weekend - saw a play with Kent on Friday, dinner with my college roommate on Sat and put together some dining room furniture we ordered from a catalogue (TOO many pieces I'll tell ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news, Anya. Your are such a creative person, and this card really exemplifies why CardMaker is so lucky to have you blogging for them. Big Congratulations to you. I have all my past issues of CardMaker so I don't need to be entered into your drawing (how can anyone bear to throw those older issues away?), but I did want to wish you a very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Anya, you are such a great talent. Cardmaker Mag is lucky to have you. I am on vacation in Montana, so. no crafting, just gorgeous scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Anya! What an honour. I am not sure I have ever seen this magazine in my local stores, but I went and checked out the blog and it looks really interesting. I have not been well this past week (head cold) and find I have been too blah to do anything creative, so have been sitting on the couch watching my Downton Abbey DVDs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!