Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays

Whew! I am so sorry for neglecting you, my friends, I feel like whirling dervish. Can anyone relate?

How about a quick little card for you today? Not much on this but some die cutting, a quick sentiment, and a million pieces of foam tape, but it packs a fun winter holiday punch.

The snowflake dies are the Die-namics Let it Snowflake dies from MFT. I used the larger two of the set on my pink cardstock and ran it through my die cutting machine until I had the look I wanted. The sentiment is a simple one from the Wplus9 Christmas Wishes set. After the die-cutting and stamping, I spritzed the pink cardstock with some Sprinklers ink from October Afternoon and adhered it to my card base (that's where the million pieces of foam tape came in). Super cute, reminds me of something Cristina would make.

Here is another version - this was actually my first attempt.

The shimmer cardstock was a heavier weight and so a first pass through my die cutting machine didn't cut entirely through the cardstock (plus, my cutting plates are warped - it happens). No worries, I just went with it and do like the deep embossed look this has.

Thankfully, these guys *finally* went out in the mail with the rest of my Christmas cards. You would think being a cardmaker I'd be a bit more together when it came to Christmas cards. I bet you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Next year, I swear I am playing along with the Waltzingmouse monthly Christmas Card Challenge!

Hope your days is great! I promise I'll try and pop back soon!

Anya

Recipe
Happy Holidays Snowflake Card
STAMPS: Christmas Wishes - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Rustic Cream, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink
INK: Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Let it Snowflake Die-namics - MFT; Paper Doily Sprinklers - October Afternoon

Merry & Bright Snowflake Card
STAMPS: Christmas Wishes - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Shimmery White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Let it Snowflake Die-namics - MFT

8 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing these dies for awhile... I am OBSESSED with snowflakes. You've totally pushed me over the edge - I NEED THEM.

    These are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards. How clever cut all those snowflakes. I love snowflakes, too, even though I live at the beach in S. Cal. Interesting to note that there is a tiny cut out in the middle of the snowflake that only shows up on the second card that looks like a star of david. Hmmm. I think I can justify buying another snowflake die set because of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this in pink!! :)
    And I love these snowflakes...
    I think I may need ;)
    But you have them falling so perfectly...
    gorgeous!
    And the blue is as well...
    love how they embossed the paper for such a different...
    yet equally gorgeous effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so lovely, Anya! My favorite is the pink. You used just the right amount of snow spritzer! I worry about trying it because I think mine would turn out blobbedy! These cards really pack a punch with those awesome die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving it! Both are fabulous, but I'm really digging the bottom card:) Merry Christmas Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Anya! The pink one is especially sweet - love the spritzing.
    I want to say thank you for all of the lovely comments that you left on my gallery cards. It means a lot!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya, These are such beautiful snowflake cards - boy what a difference color makes! Two totally different looks. You know I'm gonna go with the pink one! I'm with you on the Xmas challenge next year - I'm so far behind!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anya, I just found your blog through your card on the WPlus9 flickr group. Absolutely love your style! Look forward to stopping by often and looking at your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!