Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls

Hello, hello my friends. I hope you don't think I'm neglecting you - I haven't been posting here as often as I like, but it is for good reason. I've been busy with some things that I can't share quite yet, but come January you'll see!

I am sneaking in just in time with a card for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. This week's color story is a soft combination of pinks and purple.

For some reason, I knew what I wanted to do as soon as I saw these colors. Here is my card.

I created this card using the Bells & Boughs set along with the coordinating dies from PTI. These images, along with these colors make me think of something a little retro, and I love it! I finished my card off with some flicks of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. They are a richer gold than the Perfect Gold color and I think it really adds to the retro look.

You'll have to take my word for it that this is nice and shimmery! Thanks for stopping by today! Take care!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Bells & Boughs - Papertrey Ink
CARDSTOCK: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink; Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!
INK: Wisteria Wonder, Blush Blossom, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Bells & Boughs Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries

7 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful. I never would have thought to use those colors this way, but it is so retro and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just really really lovely! The layout is perfect and I love those flecks of Perfect Pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure deliciousness, Anya! Oh, and I so wish my order for Wisteria Wonder had arrived in time for it, because it couldn't possibly be the more perfect smokey purple! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Anya! This is gorgeous! I love the bells on this card with the pine background. These colors really work well with your Christmas theme. Wish I could see that shimmer a little better - darn lighting! I still haven't come up with anything for these colors but you certainly pulled this one off. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly nailed this challenge, Anya! It's perfect in every way. I can't wait to see what your big news is in January. :)

    This is a busy time of year, so we really appreciate you playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this, Anya... I definitely get the retro vibe and think it is so chic! Thanks so much for always adding your talent to the Cafe each week - your work always inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is gorgeous. I never would have thought to pair this set with that color palette, but it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!