Monday, September 5, 2011

Just My Type

Hi there! I am sorry things have been so quiet here. Just taking it a bit easy I guess.

Today is a chilly, rainy day here in Pittsburgh and it was a perfect opportunity to spend a little time in my crafty studio. So I made a card for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. Here is this week's color story:

And here is the card I made. I have to send a smile to both Andrea and Chupa for this.. we all were on the same wavelength this week!

I also used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, but you'll see more from me in regards to that later this week. :)

The text images are from Text It and PTI's Background Basics: Newsprint. I thought it would be fun to combine different types of type! ;) The typewriter stamp and sentiment are both from MFT's Just My Type set.

And in other crafty news, a Hobby Lobby opened up in Pittsburgh this weekend! It is our first Hobby Lobby store.. I've been to others in other states and I've wished for one here. I didn't waste any time in getting there either - and it was a huge store! I picked up all kinds of goodies... Labels 18 Nesties, Five & Dime patterned paper from October Afternoon, and this! Houndstooth patterned felt!

Isn't it dreamy? I also picked up another piece that looks like tooled leather. I can't wait to go back and see what other goodies I can find.

Thanks for your visit!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Text It - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Background Basics: Newsprint - Papertrey Ink; Just My Type - My Favorite Things
CARDSTOCK: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Old Paper Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Just My Type die - My Favorite Things; Polka Dots Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Circle Punch - Marvy; Sewing Machine; Button

6 comments:

  1. It's always good take it easy, Anya! This creation is absolutely lovely! LOVE all that texty goodness and the way you've played with circles between the buttons and your circle-embossed, cardstock spheres. Fabulous design! Oh! And I, too, LOVE Hobby Lobby! Can't wait to see what other treasures you find ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Isn't Hobby Lobby just FULL of fun stuff! The felt is super :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, getting a Hobby Lobby! I've visited them before (way before my card-making addiction, though) in Texas. Now, you're only in Pittsburgh, and I'm over here near Philly -- could you send a store our way?? ;)

    Your card is neat, Anya! You always do a wonderful design. :) Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Anya! Red and black, one of my favorite color combos!

    You are going to love Hobby Lobby. It's so much fun browsing through the whole store! And don't forget the coupons, in print and online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! AMAZING work Anya!!! That felt looks FAB!!! THanks so much for joining us again at The Play Date CAfe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty typewriter image and card! Very beautiful red splash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!