Sunday, February 27, 2011

WMS March Release Day Two

Hello my dears! Did you enjoy yesterday's previews? The fun continues! Today we are previewing Very Vintage Labels No. 18, which of course coordinates with the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, just released at CHA! This is one of five new stamp sets being released by Waltzingmouse Stamps and will be available March 1.

Let's start with elegant..

Such a romantically styled label! I created a bold (and stunning, if I may say!) focal point by embossing this label in black. This is one of the largest labels in the set and is just yummy. Opting for a black and cream color scheme with just a pop of yellow, I think this would be a lovely wedding or anniversary card.

The resin cameo is actually a pendant, which I purchased from my local Michaels (found in the bead section). Some thick buttery silk ribbon finishes it off.

Now onto something a little more modern?

One thing I really enjoyed about our trip to Indonesia was the elaborate and ornate decorative motifs incorporated into just about everywhere. The jewelry in particular was amazing, and I invested in a few pieces I just couldn't leave without. I've been thinking a great deal about our trip, and this card just sort of came out. While it doesn't necessarily scream traditional Balinese art, it reminds me of Bali.

Both the small label and the decorative floral motif are included in Very Vintage Labels No. 18. I accented my repeated pattern with some small silver pearls and opted to forego a sentiment.

Another of my favorite sentiments from Back in the Saddle.

I used my pinking shears to trim this label, and I love the look. I combined it with an embossed and inked star background and the star background stamp from Way Out West.

To finish it off, I added a big button and flirty bow for a decidedily feminine look. Wouldn't this be a great way to say 'Happy Birthday'?

And now for something completely different...

(I can't say that without thinking of Monty Python)

How about some custom jewelry? This stamp is one of the medium labels from the set, and with some shrink plastic and pigment ink, it became one of the building blocks for a trendy bracelet!

Each label 'bead' was stamped onto shrink plastic and allowed to dry. I cut each of them out and then punched the holes (very important to do this before you shrink!). Finally, I dabbed each with Cosmic Copper Brilliance Ink, which is a pigment ink that sets when heated (and intensifies when shrunk). I strung the labels together with chain and then combined this with a plain copper chain and strand of faceted glass beads. I am working on a little tutorial for you that I will share after the release is over.

The final result! This would make a really stunning (and easy, I mean it!) gift.

So I think I've kept you long enough, please be sure to visit the other Design Team members sharing previews of Very Vintage Labels No. 18 today:



Thank you for stopping by!

Anya

Recipe:

Elegant Cameo Card
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 18 (available March 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Barely Banana - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Hometown (Norm's News) - October Afternoon
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Resin pendant - Blue Moon Beads; Silk ribbon - May Arts; Black embossing powder; Sewing machine

Bali Card
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 18 (available March 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Violet, Almost Amethyst - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Vintage Violet - Stampin' Up!
Other: Silver adhesive pearls - Recollections

Rootin' Tootin' Card:
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 18, Back in the Saddle, Way Out West (available March 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sahara Sand, Groovy Guava - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Stars Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Snowcap Acrylic Paint Dabber - Ranger Industries; Crinkle ribbon - MemrieMare; Vintage button; Pinking shears

Copper Bracelet:
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 18 (available March 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries; Cosmic Copper Brilliance Pigment Ink - Tsukineko
Other: PolyShrink Translucent Shrink Plastic - Lucky Squirrel; Additional chain, beads and findings from Michaels

26 comments:

  1. Wow!! You have been busy! Love all your creations, that cameo looks beautiful nestled in the label, and I love the Rootin Tootin card, that label looks fantastic with the pinked edges. And love the beautiful bracelet, a gorgeous one off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such diverse and brilliant projects. The elegance of the first card, the super grid pattern and the western, feminine card!! And some jewellery - all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anya, your cards are so beautiful and the bracelet is pure genius! Looking forward to a tutorial...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowser, Anya, you have pulled out all the stops and make some lovely things here! The first is so elegant, the second such a great mix of the two styles, and the third... your bracelet...is too clever!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are amazing!!!! Love each project you have to show again today. Your bracelet tops them off perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER - Oh Anya I'm just amazed at your gorgeous selection of colors in all of your projects. Your eye for combining colors makes every creation just jump off the screen.

    Your cameo accent is a lovely addition and with the light yellow cardstock add to the vintage feel of this card.

    ...and that bracelet...I never would have thought to use a label set to create such a captivating piece of jewelry. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Anya, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that gorgeus bracelet! I have made shrink plastic jewellery in the past, but nothing as pretty as this. I now really need the new WMS vintage labels 18 stamp set!

    Lynn Wild

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW, Anya! That bracelet is stunning! Gotta love Shrinky Dinks, but who knew they could be used to make something so elegant? (Obviously, you, hee!) Love how you used the pinking shears to cut the label's edges, gorgeous card! Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Anya, I have to disagree...it's never long enough for me! I could spend the entire day on your blog alone. Thanks for all the beautiful creations, and I'm so looking forward to that tutorial and the rest of the release. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards and that bracelet is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Anya! such wonderful creations! love the cameo card - super colors - and the pinking cut on the label on the western card - and such a lovely bracelet! Bravo GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful Anya! BEautiful bracelet and love your creations - stunning as per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, absolutely fabulous. Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of these, especially the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome collection of projects Anya! Love the pinked cut label!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Anya,
    oh WOW...I am speechless by all the ideas and creations you are showing, they are wonderful and amazing!
    XX Kathi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW!!! You've outdone yourself!!! I love all the cards, but the bracelet: what a stroke of genius!!! Thanks for the fabby ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all fabulous. Love the bracelet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good gosh girl these are AMAZING!!! All I can say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anya, you are a superstar!! your work is amazing!!! I just don't know what to say!!! I was already blown away by the cameo card and then to see your next card and that bracelet!!! I am in awe chickie!!!! Big Hugs!!! thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The first card is so beautiful! And I {heart} shrink plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, wow, wow!!! That's all I can say! Lol... Love the bracelet idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't get the chance to comment yesterday. I love your projects - Labels 18 is a must-have! But I must say, I would wear the bracelet in a heartbeat. It is gorgeous! What a brilliant and beautiful idea. I hope you plan to make more, I'll bet your friends and family will be clamoring for them. Thanks for sharing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic cards and bracelet! I especially love your "Rootin Tootin" card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow - i had no idea where you were going w/ something completely different. making your own jewelry? wow - and it does look stunning. i was drooling over your show-stopper cards and by the time i saw the bracelet i forgot everything else. but your cards are super elegant - love the contract between old elegance and modern elegance. the pink is a sweet, fun-loving card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow! so much goodness in one post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!