Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dropping You a Line

Good morning!

I am here today with another challenge from Serendipity Stamps!

Today's challenge was to create a reading or writing-themed card. I used stamps from the Postoid Cling Set to create my card. Alluding to sending a letter, I'm covering the reading and writing theme! ;)

The little postoids were colored with Copic markers. I cut each of them out and then created the postage stamp look by using a hole punch to punch around the border. I love these images - the line drawings are so versatile. It gives me a happy 'from my mailbox to yours' type of feeling.

Although it is a little hard to tell, the background is stamped with the Postcard header and Cheryl's Postcards stamp to help tie everything together. The sentiment is also part of the Postoid Cling Set. I stitched around the outside and then tied some baker's twine and a cool vintage wood button around the front. As a sidenote, if you ever get to an antique flea market and find some buttons - don't hesitate to buy them! I have found so much enjoyment from my big ol' jar of vintage buttons. :)

I am so glad you could stop by today, I really appreciate it. Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on the challenge!

Amy
Kathie
Lynda
Jenny (Guest Designer)


Don't forget to check the current contests on the Serendipity Stamps Blog and take some time to sign up for the newsletter (and sale announcements)!

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Postoid Cling Set, Postcard, Cheryl's Postcards - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Fly a Kite - October Afternoon
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Labels Eleven Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Copic markers - Imagination International; vintage button; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is super cute! Love your coloring and the bakers twine is like icing on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you punched the edges of the stamps - makes them look totally authentic! Your new blog looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! love those cute stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!