Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Serendipity Bookmark Challenge

Good morning, friends!

Today is challenge day for the Serendipity Stamps Design Team. This week we were challenged to make a bookmark. I have been loving my dear friend Julia Aston's magnetic bookmarks, so I knew that was what I wanted to make. I also did something unheard of - I made the bookmark for myself! :)

I used the letter A from the Floral Alphabet. I stamped it in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and colored it with Copic markers and Spica glitter pens. The patterned paper is from the Garden Variety and Material Girl collections from Cosmo Cricket. I knew I wanted to use these reds together, so I colored my stamped image to coordinate. I stitched the patterned papers together and inked the edges.

Here's a shot of the inside - I lined the front with another piece of patterned paper to cover up my (messy) stitching.

The magnets stick together through the book page and help save your spot. Doesn't it look great? And so easy - make one for yourself today! I have really been loving these Serendipity challenges! It is good help to ease me back into stamping - I've been having such a hard time lately.

Thank you for stopping in today, you won't want to miss what the other Design Team members have come up with!

Amy
Jennifer
Kathie
Lynda



Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: A from Floral Alphabet - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink; Ruby Red - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Tossed Salad, Sunday Picnic from the Garden Variety Collection,
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento Ink - Tsukineko; Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo - Papertrey Ink
Other: Copic markers and Spica glitter pens; Pinking blade for rotary paper trimmer - Fiskars; sewing machine; adhesive magnets

9 comments:

  1. Anya, Love this idea. Your bookmark is awesome. However, can you tell me where you found the flat magnets or who makes them? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - I can't ever find a bookmark when I need one and certainly not anything nice like this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, your bookmark is wonderful! I love it that you made it for yourself too. It's perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love this Anya! what a great alphabet stamp - super way to personalize a book mark - love all your DP's and the nice oranges! thanks for the shout out too GF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love those orange colors and the A is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Anya, this is AWESOME! What a great idea with the magnet! The papers and monogram are just perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya this is absolutely fantabulous! Your colouring is so perfect - this reminds me of illuminated manuscripts. One of those projects one can just look and look and look at!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty bookmark and the page it's marking is so very fitting as I am currently teaching that play to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic. Love the custom initial on a bookmark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!