Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Luck - WMS Preview Day 1

This is a scheduled post.

Hi everyone! Today starts the first day of previews for the new release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. This month, WMS will be releasing two sets that will most certainly fill a gap in your stamp collection! I was full of ideas as soon as I saw the graphics for the new sets!

Here is my card for today, using just one of the many manly images from He's a Free Spirit. ;)



The graphic images in this set are so fitting for guys of any age, but work particularly well for teenage boys. I channeled memories of old Atari video games for this card :) I stamped the background in the checkered pattern from Off Beat Backgrounds (checkered flag? racing? get it? ;)

I incorporated the sentiment (from the accompanying Free Spirit Sentiments) into the design. Easy, straightforward, and perfect for a guy!

Head over to see Claire at the WMS Blog for more, as well as links to the other DT members that are posting previews. I'm sorry that I don't have this info for you as I write this, but Claire will make sure you have the info that you need!

Yesterday we traveled from Amsterdam to Bruges, Belgium. We met up with another of our roommates from college and will be spending the rest of the week traveling around Belgium.

Thanks for the visit - I have another preview for you tomorrow!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: He's a Free Spirit, Free Spirit Sentiments, Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; Going Gray - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Marigold Morning, Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger
Other: Sewing machine


Bruges, Belgium photo courtesy of Trip Advisor.

12 comments:

  1. The images are so cute. They are all so lively with the different colors that was used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dinky wee card Anya, LOVE how you matched these cars up with the chequerboard stamp! great combo, and I hope you are having a fabulous time chickie!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself this side of the pond! Hope you like Belgium...don't eat too many of those yummy choccies....love the card...hmmm....Formula 1 Racing is big news in the U.K...since No 2 son educated me into the whys and wherefores I now enjoy it! Best wishes for a great Spring holiday! Safe journeying home again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flashback from the past. I just love this card and perfect for any guy. Great pics of your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moley Anya! I love this! What a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card. Love the checkered edges... perfect match with the racecar stamps.
    (Claire is brilliant, isn't she?!)
    THanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the bg stamp Anya - perfect for the little race cars! What a great picture - looks like you are having a trip of a lifetime with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Anya. Love the little race cars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little cars...perfect for any age man!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vroom-vroom. What a great card...really has me in a racing mood! Awesome creativity Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, girl, I am so envious of your travels! What bliss!

    I'm loving your card! I was totally stumped on what to do with those race cars. Thanks for the great idea! The background paper is the PERFECT backdrop.

    Safe travels.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous!!! I must have this set!! Looks like you are having a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!