Monday, September 14, 2009

Just a Little Witch

Well, its Monday again. I'm not very enthusiastic, but tomorrow is another Serendipity Stamps Design Team challenge, so that is something to look forward to!

As a little preview, I thought I would share a card I made for this Saturday's challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. It is another sketch challenge (my favorite!)


And here's my card:


This little cutie is the Witch Silhouette stamp from Serendipity. I stamped her onto Spring Moss cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink. I added some Rock Candy Stickles to her hat, treat bucket, and shoes. It is difficult to tell in the photo, but it gives a great vintage glass glitter look to things. I should have glittered her robe too!

This sketch was a fun one, and a great way to use some patterned paper (supply info is below in the recipe). I love mixing and matching.

And before I go, I want to show you one last thing. I found this fantastically wonderful little cutie on my porch last night. My mom, inspired by the stuffed felt skeleton dolls on the cover of the most recent issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors, made me this:


IT IS FRIDA KAHLO! (Fun fact about Anya: I love Frida Kahlo, I love skeletons, and am completely fascinated with anything having to do with Dia de los Muertos). I just fell in love with it (and would have known it was Frida even if she hadn't told me). I think it is just fantastic.

I hope you have a great evening. Come back tomorrow to see what I made for the Serendipity Stamps September Design Team Challenge!

Take care!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Witch Silhouette - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Spring Moss, SS White - Papertrey Ink; Pumpkin Pie - SU
Patterned Paper: (Houndstooth) Norm's News - October Afternoon; (Orange dots and Black with pumpkins) Frightful Collection - Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Old Paper Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Sewing machine, Pinking blade for rotary cutter

7 comments:

  1. What a fun halloween card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. spooktacularly cute, thanks for playing with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! And how nice of your mom to make you such a cool stuffed skeleton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and that Skeleton is the cat's Pajamas! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card! You've made a simple shadow stamp into a colorful creation. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!