Friday, August 28, 2009

You Make Me Smile!

So does this card! I love, love, love vintage Halloween, and these little pumpkins with their silly grins scream vintage to me. They are so adorable!


The pumpkins are from Twick or Tweet, a new Stampin' Up! set in the Winter Mini catalog (these items are available for purchase starting September 1). I stamped the pumpkins onto Really Rust and Enchanted Evening Cardstock. I cut them out and layered them onto a piece of Vintage Cream that had also been stamped with the image. I was a little irritated with the sentiment not stamping clearly but decided I sort of liked it paired with the distressed-looking patterned paper. Does anyone else have trouble using wood-mounted stamps after using clear stamps?

I was practicing my sewing again, stitching three different strips of patterned paper together. I added a few other touches - trimmed the bottom of the image with my pinking blade, added some buttons, and inked the edges. Love it! I think I'll leave this out on my desk so I can look at it and smile! :)

I hope you have a great night and a wonderful weekend. I need to spend some time doing nothing.. we'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Twick or Tweet - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; Really Rust - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Polka dot stripe (Spellbound) - Making Memories; Gingham (Autumn Abundance) - Papertrey Ink; Spotted Damask (Vintage Moon) - Pink Paislee
Ink: True Black, Chai Vintage Touch - Papertrey Ink
Other: Rotary cutter pinking blade - Fiskars; Buttons; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!