Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thanks, Teacher

I come from a family of teachers. It is a wonder that I am not a teacher myself! (I pondered it for a while there). Teacher's Apple is one of my most-used Papertrey Ink sets. Not only can I use it to make gifts for all my family members that are teachers, many of them request gifts for their teacher friends as well. My mom commissioned a little something from me for a friend who is being transferred to another school.

When I first saw Geny Cassady's frame and card set that she made during the Teacher's Apple countdown, I loved it. It has inspired many a teacher gift and was perfect for what my mom needed.


Remember, you can always click on the photo for a larger view :)

The frame is an inexpensive 4" by 6" from JoAnn's. The background was inspired by Betsy Veldman's vintagelicious cards she made for the Vintage Picnic countdown challenge. The apples are a la Melissa Phillips. I just love the addition of that little flower. I paired the frame with a Ginger Apple scented candle with coordinating tag (love those pinking circle nestabilities).

Short and sweet today. All the project details are below. Thank you for stopping by - I hope your evening is fantastic!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Faux Ribbon, Limitless Labels, Teacher's Apple - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Creamy Caramel - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Pinking Circles Nestabilities, Labels Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Pure Poppy twill - Papertrey Ink; Trio Flower punch, Linen thread - Stampin' Up!; 4"x6" frame - JoAnn Fabrics; Dotted Scallop Border punch - EK Success; buttons; copper brads; paper piercer

6 comments:

  1. How cute is this!?! I'm a teacher and may poach the idea for my co-workers...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous project, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little idea! It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love it! I'm going to save this in my idea file for this years teachers!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you through Tip Junkie. What a great idea. I'm a former teacher and school principal. Just started blogging in 12/09. Getting a custom blog! Will have to share your fab idea at my MOMS group at church.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!