Friday, June 26, 2009

Strawberry Basket

Happy Friday everyone! Have you seen the Blog Hop that is going on over at Moxie Fab World for the Card Creations Volume 7 magazine? There is some fabulous talent in there - if you have some time go check it out.. there are prizes and everything! (I'm not a sponsor nor do I have a card published .. yet - its just good stuff!)

I'm digging in the photo archive for today's card. I've been busy creating for my event this weekend, and haven't photographed any new things yet.

This is another gifty project that I like to make (these were also picked up along with my sachets and coasters for sale at a local boutique).

The stamp is Strawberries from Lockhart Stamp Co. - their stamps are so great for coloring. I stamped the strawberries and colored them with my copics. I sandwiched the image and a piece of patterned paper (for the back) between two pieces of Memory Glass and then soldered them together. After the piece cooled I added a magnet to the back. I put together a simple card to show off the soldered piece. The card recipient can remove the magnet portion from the card and use it somewhere else. These are fun to make! If you've never soldered before, Debbie Olson has put together a fantastic tutorial here. Give it a shot!

I'm so glad that you stopped by today, I hope you have a great weekend!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Strawberries - Lockhart Stamp Company
Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Kraft, Patterned Paper - Stampin' Up!; SS White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko
Misc: Scallop Border punch - Stampin' Up!; Memory Glass - Ranger; Copic markers, soldering tools

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!