Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soak Up the Sun

I dare you to not sing Sheryl Crow! :)

Today's card is for CPS 118.



I was looking through the designer's samples and liked the sketch turned vertical, so that's what I used.

Here's my card:


When turned vertical, I saw a sun on the horizon in the half circle and knew it was time to play with A Day at the Beach again!

I hope you enjoy - all the details are in the recipe. The polka dots on the pink umbrella were done using emboss resist. I am looking forward to soaking up a little sun myself. Have a good one!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: A Day at the Beach, Background Basics: Text Style - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; SS White, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!; Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, True Black; Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo Chai and Chamomile - Papertrey Ink
Other: Clear Filigree detail embossing powder; Pinking circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders

5 comments:

  1. Anya,

    I love this set and you have really done it proud. Such a wonderful summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the exact same thing I saw, sun, beach and fun! Nice job. Linda aka Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo cute! I never think to turn the sketches around.. I'll have to remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. What a fabulous take on the CPS sketch. What a great card for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your summer sun card, Anya! Such a fun use of that set....you're making me want to bump it up higher on my wish list! :>:>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!