Monday, June 22, 2009

Love Blooms

Hi everyone!

Mark your calendars! Tomorrow is the first Serendipity Stamps Design Team challenge! We have been challenged to create something fabulous using Serendipity's stamps. To get things warmed up a bit, I have a pre-challenge card to share with you today.


You can click on the photo for a larger version.

This card uses the Large Violets stamp from Serendipity Stamps (this stamp also comes in a smaller version). The finished card size is 4-1/4" by 6-1/2".

I first stamped the image with Jet Black StazOn and then watercolored with a variety of ink pads and an Aquapainter. I just smoosh the ink into the lid and use my Aquapainter to pick it up. Sometimes it is so fun to just sit and color, which is one reason why I particularly like Serendipity's stamps!

The sentiment was a perfect finishing touch, and I sent this card off with my Mom to a beautiful summer wedding. I hope you like it, and I hope you'll stop by tomorrow to see my contribution to the Serendipity DT challenge!

Have a fantastic evening!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Large Violets - Serendipity Stamps; Favor It Weddings - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Violet - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Vintage Violet, Pale Plum, Apricot Appeal, Wild Wasabi, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Sky - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black StazOn - Tsukineko; Old Paper Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Misc: Ripe Avocado Satin Ribbon, New Leaf Button, Rustic Cream Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Tiny Tags Cuttlebug Die - Provo Craft; Aquapainter; Paper piercer

3 comments:

  1. Anya, this is lovely! Your coloring is wonderful and your perfect bow and button with tiny tag is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I love your coloring.

    (I like your puppies too. By happenstance, we ended up with cats, but I'm truly a dog person too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!