Monday, June 15, 2009

Home Again!

Hi everyone! I have so much to share! We had a fabulous time in Cozumel. The weather was perfect, the diving was phenomenal - it is a bit of a bummer to be back!

But - first things first!


YEAH PENS! You know how I love my Penguins! Pittsburgh is so happy to have the Stanley Cup back. There was a big parade downtown to celebrate (I was at work). It was a great run - I can't wait until next season!

We were able to watch the games while we were away, which was great. We all piled into the hotel bar the night of the Stanley Cup Championship and watched the game as a big group. It was pretty funny trying to explain hockey to the crew of our dive boat!

I have a few photos from our trip to share - we rented an underwater camera to play around with. Some of the pictures turned out fantastic.. others not so much.. there is a lot to pay attention to when you're diving! :)

I dove a total of 15 times on the trip - most days consisted of two back-to-back morning dives and then an afternoon dive. For the most part, each dive was a different location, but some of the reefs are so large we dove them two or three times and saw completely different things. We were with a great group of people - our dive masters here in Pittsburgh are a husband and wife team that are just incredible. I love to travel with them and they certainly created a wonderful experience for us. We look forward to diving with them again soon and are really looking forward to heading to Australia with them in 2010!

This first picture was taken during our 11th dive at a reef called Tormentos.


This picture was taken during our last dive, at a location called Paso de Cedral.

Look at all those different fish! We saw so much stuff it is impossible to keep track of. I will share some more photos over the coming days.
And now for why you're really here! :) Thankfully, I do have a few projects that I haven't shared with you yet, so I have something to tap into while I get back into my routine. I made this card for a friend of mine who was going to a retirement party. I love it when people request cards from me.. I like working on assignment :)
The card information is below in the details - it is pretty straightforward and came together quickly. Love the pop of those gold stars!
Thank you for stopping by - now that I'm back, I promise we'll get back to the regular posting. I didn't have the time or the Internet connection to update while I was gone. I thought of you, though!
Have a great night! I think we're going to listen to the radio replay of the Pens game. If you've ever heard the Penguins radio announcer Mike Lange, you'd know why!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Star Prints, Let Freedom Ring - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Ink: True Black - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Large Star punch - Stampin' Up!; Gold embossing powder

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!