Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you had a wonderful day. I had a list of chores that was getting longer and longer since our trip, so today I tackled it (I'm tired!). I also had some time to put together a pair of Father's Day cards. I was doing some blog surfing off of the PTI forum and saw this card that Kim had made. I love her plaid background using the different colors (If you've been here before, you know how I love plaid :) and I liked the idea of using Star Prints for Dad.

Here are the two cards that I came up with for my Dad and Father-in-law.

I used some of Stampin' Up!'s new In Colors on my cards (all the details are below in the Recipe). I am especially smitten with Dusty Durango. I love these plaids! The colors are so fun :) Thanks for the inspiration, Kim!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great Sunday! I am going to enjoy the rest of my evening watching a movie with my hubs :)

-Anya

Recipe:
Blue Plaid Card
Stamps: Star Prints, Let Freedom Ring, Faux Ribbon, Pond Life - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Kraft - Stampin' Up!; Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Large Star punch, Linen thread - Stampin' Up!; buttons

Red Plaid Card
Stamps: Star Prints, Let Freedom Ring, Faux Ribbon, Pond Life - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Large Star punch, Linen thread - Stampin' Up!; buttons

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Anya! Gorgerous colorcombos, and I love the clean and crisp look!
    ~Yvonne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Anya, so well put together and I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I don't think I have ever been linked on a blog before, what a compliment! Your cards are beautiful Anya, I especially love the way you used the word Dad in your plaid background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!