Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flowers for You

I have two projects to show you today that I made a few weeks ago and haven't yet shared. I saw these flower pot photo holders on a blog somewhere at least a year ago (if you have any idea who it might have been, please let me know!). It is a project that I have made a few times, as they make great gifts for moms (or sister-in-laws with lots of baby pictures :)


I made this one for my MIL for Mother's Day. The flowers are double-sided, adhered together and to the wire using glue dots. Here's a close-up of the card - like when a little card is included in a florist bouquet (all the details are below in the Recipe).


I made this flower pot for my SIL for her birthday. She has an adorable little girl, whose pictures would just look great in here. Beautiful Blooms is one of my all-time favorite PTI sets. It is so versatile.


This one was even easier to make, as I cut out all the flowers using the Cuttlebug. The leaves are from Stampin' Up!'s Little Leaves Sizzlit. And another close-up:


Tonight hubby and I are going out for sushi (yum!) to celebrate his new job. We used to own a pet store, which we sold in January. He's been job hunting since then and finally found something. I consider us to be very lucky given the state of the economy. Hopefully it all works out - but it is certainly cause for celebration!

I hope you have a great evening, too!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Mother - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: SS White, Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, New Leaf - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Melon Berry twill ribbon, Lemon Tart satin ribbon, Melon berry button - Papertrey Ink; Little Leaves Sizzlit - Stampin' Up!; Cuttlebug Flower #1 die - Provo Craft; Dotted Scallop border punch - EK Success; Heavy gauge wire; Flowerpot; Florist foam; Spanish moss; Adhesive rhinestones

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Anya! Enjoy your sushi and celebrate! My favorite is tuna nigiri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great! What a nice gift idea!! Congrats on the new job, I hope you enjoyed the sushi. I'm not a fan but my 1st grader loves it - especially spicy tuna rolls. Weird. And congrats to your Pens -- I'm a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, they are terrible :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!