Monday, June 1, 2009

Birthday Flourish

I am ready for the day to be over! Things have been a little too crazy for me!

We have officially started the countdown! In 5 days (oh my!) we will be here:

My husband and I are going on a trip with our dive group to spend the week scuba diving in Cozumel. I. cannot. wait. I hope to be able to continue to share some photos with you once we're there (we're taking an underwater camera with us) but I cannot be sure. But more about that later!

Today's card was made for a friend of mine who was celebrating her birthday. I used more new PTI for her card.


Things I love:

- Background Basics: Text Style. I stamped it here with Palette New Canvas ink. I liked the inconsistent, faded look.

- Build-a-flourish. I love that the Fancy Flourishes set comes with additional smaller flourishes that can be added to make larger flourishes. They fit together so well that you can't even tell!

- Monochromatic cards - they can be so dramatic and elegant.

Hope you enjoy! Have a great evening!


-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Background Basics: Text Style, Damask Designs - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: New Canvas - Palette; Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!
Accessories: Dove punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Adhesive pearls

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Anya!! I can't wait to get my hands on that flourish set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, this card is exquisite! And your diving trip sounds wonderful. I'll be eager to see photos and read of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely in love with this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is stunning, I have to get that text background. And have fun in Cozumel - the water is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... I love the look of the black on black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERS! Love the pearls at the tips of the flourishes, the text bg, and the color combo is Stunning!!! Have a fabulous vacation!! I hope the camera works and we get to see some pics! :>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!