Friday, June 5, 2009

A Beautiful Day!

Happy Friday morning everyone!

I am so excited about our trip! We leave very, very early tomorrow morning and will be diving by lunch! How about that!

I am also excited to have received my Serendipity Stamps last night. I made some time to use them and put a card together for the RSCC #8.

Here are the colors:


And here is my card:


This card uses the Butterflies in Flight stamp from Serendipity. Don't you just love the detail? I love how the images speak for themselves - you can color these babies in (and what fun that would be!) or not!

I added a little something by highlighting the butterflies with Pearl Ex. It gives it some subtle shimmer, but doesn't take away from the detail of the design.

The adhesive pearl was colored with a Copic marker and stuck on a button. It is much more complimentary to the Raspberry Fizz cardstock in real life! I can't wait to have the opportunity to use these stamps again.

Thank you for stopping by today - I promise that I will update when possible while I am away. But if I don't, it is because we are busy having a great time! Hugs!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Butterflies in Flight - Serendipity Stamps; Beautiful Beach - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Scallop border punch - Stampin' Up!; Blue Russett and Pink Flamingo Pearl Ex; adhesive pearl; Copic marker; Vintage cream button - Papertrey Ink.

10 comments:

  1. YAY Anya! You got your stamps and yes, this is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful card! Love the waving banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC! love the wavy banner and the butterflies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE it! I love the subtle color you gave to the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the butterflies and how you attached the strip with the sentiment on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the accent on your butterflies! Super job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely, just the touch of pink is all that it needed, really love your flies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! Love the kraft colored cardstock. I never think to use that, but I will be now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!