Sunday, May 3, 2009

RSCC Week #4


Oh well! Better late than never. Time snuck up on me and I didn't get it submitted in time, but here's my card for Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #4.



Who doesn't love these colors together? I love Scattered Showers, and this is another card I had in my head. I thought for sure that 'Showers of love' was one of the sentiments in the set, but I was wrong. No problem, though! All the pieces were there, so I put together my own sentiment. :)

The umbrella is embossed in white onto Dark Chocolate cardstock and cut out. The hearts are from Around and About Sentiments and are stamped in Dark Chocolate. A few are cut out and popped up. There is also some Cinnamon Stickles here and there. It is a little difficult to see, but each of the hearts has a little 'trail' that I made using my paper piercer and then outlined with a while gel pen. The trim along the bottom is from Fiskars' Apron Lace border punch.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a great night!


-Anya



Recipe:
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Around and About Sentiments - PTI
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, SS White - PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Other: Cinnamon Stickles, White Embossing Powder, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, paper piercer, white gel pen

2 comments:

  1. OH Anya! I'll bet the white embossing on chocolate is even yummier in person. THis turned out great and also loving the popped hearts and that border punch...*need* one! YOu are so right, who doesn't love these colors together?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! I love the little raindrops, nice touch!!

    Your blog is wonderful. So many beautiful creations to drool over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!