Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Life is Good

I woke up this morning to almost an inch of snow on the ground! I am sure I am not the only one, but what a bummer!  Things look to be improving outside, though, so hopefully that little hiccup didn't hinder any of my flowers from making their appearances.

Today's card uses a new PTI set from Lisa Johnson called Life.  I love this set.  I love the silhouette images and sentiments.


The same floral image was stamped in Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, and Lavender Moon ink onto a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock.  I layered and inked and stamped off to get the look that I wanted.  I distressed the edges and added a piece of Spring Moss twill tied with a piece of linen thread.  I then matted that piece onto a piece of Ripe Avocado cardstock.  I stamped another of the images from the set twice in Spring Moss, cut them out, and inked the edges in Ripe Avocado.  I added these in front of and behind my ribbon for a little interest.  I pulled out my (rarely used - but fun!) color spritzer and added some Close to Cocoa spritzes to my Melon Berry card base.  The sentiment was stamped in Dark Chocolate. 

That's it! This is one of my favorites over the past few days, and I am excited to use this stamp set again. 

In other news, I relocated work offices today to one that is closer to home and much more conducive to my personality.  Life is good!


Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe:
Stamps: Life - PTI
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Dark Chocolate - PTI
Other: Linen thread, Color Spritzer, Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write marker - SU!; Spring Moss twill - PTI

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I like how the focal panel is tilted. Great colors too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny, that's the set I used today too. I like your color choices and the way you cut out the larger leaf type stamp. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty color combo. I'll have to try that combination. The cutout leaves are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!