Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April GSS Submission

Happy tax day! I hope you finished getting your taxes in on time.  Luckily, we have an accountant (because of the store), so taxes are relatively painless.  We also received our tax return check - it is paying for our diving trip to Cozumel!  So that is exciting.

Since we're past release day, I thought I would share my Papertrey Guest Star Stamper submissions for April.  This card is one of my favorites lately - I really like the color combination.  Tomorrow is my father-in-law's birthday, so this one is headed to him. 
I started by creating my background, stamped with Chocolate Chip onto Kraft using Guide Lines and Guide Lines Two.  I love how well the images from the two sets work together!  I really enjoy making my own background paper.

I used a 1/16" circle punch to punch out the centers of each of the designs.  I then layered this piece onto Pure Poppy so that the red would show through in those areas.  The happy birthday was stamped randomly in Sahara Sand and once in Chocolate Chip.  The red buttons were threaded through the linen thread and wrapped around the card.  Everything is matted onto Dark Chocolate cardstock. 

I don't know what it is, but I love this card!  So did you order anything last night during Papertrey's release?  I picked up Dawn McVey's new Scattered Showers..so cute!  I love the cards I've seen with the umbrella upside down and full of fun stuff.  Can't wait to play. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great night.  The Pens start the playoffs tonight, so my hubs and I will be ordering a pizza and watching the game!  Can't wait!



Recipe:
Stamps: Guide Lines, Guide Lines Two, Birthday Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up!
Other: Linen thread - SU!; Buttons - Autumn Leaves; 1/16" hole punch

3 comments:

  1. I love this too! Absolutely gorgeous! I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago, but you are quickly becoming one of my favorite inspirations! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your GSS! How clever to punch out the centers and let another color show through~ I will try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card too Anya, you have been creating some awesome stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!