Monday, March 17, 2008

This Day

First off, I am going to apologize for this photograph. As you can probably imagine, it is not easy to photograph a mirror. Imagine that it is not blurry - looking at it directly, it is not.


I made this project for the PTI Guest Star Stamper Contest. Originally I had hoped to find a clear piece of glass, as I intended to make more of a suncatcher/window hanging. It was sort of a last minute brainstorm that I had, so I really didn't have a ton of time to run around looking for what I had in mind or to make it myself. I found this beveled mirror at Michaels for under $3, which I figured was worth some experimentation.

The details are really straighforward. The cross was stamped in Olive StazOn and then heat set. The verse and little swirly were both stamped in Palette Ink New Canvas. Once stamped, I heat set for a few moments. The ribbon was already attached, but I trimmed it up a little. The adhesive pearls were found at a LSS and come in a variety of sizes. The center pearl is actually a greenish color, where the others are a 'regular' pearl color. It may be difficult to see in the photograph. That's it!

I just wanted to stop in for a quick update today before I head home. I am going to try to make some time for new stuff tonight. After Stamp Camp on Saturday I had the chance to tidy up my stamp room a bit, which always makes me feel so much more at ease when stamping. Too much clutter makes me nervous! But, I always end up pulling all kinds of stuff out all over the place anyway. Oh well!

Have a great night!



Supplies:
Stamps: Everyday Blessings (PTI)
Ink: Olive (StazOn), New Canvas (Palette Ink)
Accessories: Beveled mirror (Michaels), adhesive pearls

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from the PTI forum. I LOVE THIS MIRROR!
    I tried to stamp on a mirror and mine was no where near as good as yours! :)
    Have a great day!
    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!