Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Little Something..

Ok. I have had a few distracted last couple days, but I'm back. I haven't had much stamping time the past couple days, but my new PTI stuff arrived on Tuesday and I am hoping to use some of it tonight.

Today's card is another one that I submitted for the PTI Guest Star Stamper Contest. This card really was much better in my head. It kept evolving, and I'm not quite sure if I'm satisfied with the results.



There are 2 things I love about this card. First is that it is yellow (I love yellow right now) and second is that the polka dot background stamped so beautifully.

The card base is Barely Banana, stamped with PTI's
Polka Dot Basics in SU! Whisper White Craft. I then layered a piece of Aqua Mist and Cameo Coral cardstock and finally a piece of Kraft I had stamped with the large polka dots in Thatched Straw. On a piece of scrap I stamped 4 large polka dots in white on Kraft and then stamped again with the heart and flower images from Borders & Corners Heart and Butterfly Kisses. I punched them out with a 1/2-inch circle punch and layered them on top with some foam tape.

The sentiment 'Just a Little Something' is from Just Hatched and was bent to fit in the curve of the circle. This was not as easy as it sounds with that tiny circle! I ended up doing the words individually with just enough 'curve' in them to look right together. I then layered some various-sized circles in white and Cameo Coral to resemble the little stamped flower. The ribbon was originally white and I colored it with the coral marker to match. The new PTI Berry Sorbet color would be a perfect fit for this card as well!

I hope to have new stuff tomorrow...if not I still have another submission for the Guest Star Stamper Contest that I can share with you. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Borders & Corners Heart, Butterfly Kisses, Just Hatched (PTI)
Paper: Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, Kraft (SU), Aqua Mist, SS White (PTI)
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Cameo Coral (SU), Aqua Mist (PTI), VersaMagic Thatched Straw (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Various-sized circle punches, ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!