Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Celebrate RAKs!

I made this card last Friday with the new It's A Celebration set from PTI. I was most excited about the little flags in the set and thought I'd use them to make a thank you card for the wonderful RAKs I have received.


I chose my colors from the patterned paper, which is SU! East Coast Prep. I ditched the mustard for red - I love the combination of red, green, and baby blue.

The card base is Wild Wasabi, stamped with the open stars, also from It's A Celebration. I layered the strip of patterned paper on a piece of SS White I had paper pierced. The flags were stamped and cut out of Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Wild Wasabi (I used the coordinating inks for each). I used the
Simple Alphabet to add the thank you to the flags in Palette Ink Noir.

The string for the flags was stamped twice in Whisper White Craft ink on Kraft cardstock. I popped up each flag with foam tape. I added two white brads and mounted that panel on Bashful Blue. As a finishing touch, I went over each flag with my clear Copic Spica marker to give them some sparkle. I know I will be using these flags again - they were a lot of fun! I've got another card cooked up using the cupcakes in the set, so that's what I plan to do the next time I can sit down to stamp.

Come back later on tonight, as I will be sharing the project I created for PTI's first
Blog Hop! Hope to see you then!



Supplies:
Stamps: It's A Celebration, Simple Alphabet (PTI)
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Kraft, East Coast Prep PP (SU), SS White (PTI)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White Craft (SU), Palette Ink Noir
Accessories: Paper piercer, white brads, clear Copic Spica marker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!