Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet Love

I needed to dig through my old photos for a post for today. I'm sure everyone is real excited to see Valentine's Day stuff (yawn). I haven't had much stamping time recently, although hopefully in the next few days I can find some time. My room needs some organization, and I really have a hard time stamping when I want to tidy up a bit. So that may be the first thing on the menu. I (and I say this with complete embarassment) haven't even had time (or made time, I take complete blame) to use my new Papertrey stuff. It is still *gasp* in the box it arrived in. It is terrible!

A quick thing before I get to the card. A few weeks ago, KDKA, one of our local news stations did a story about Eric, the guy we bought the store from. The link to the video is here. He's something! Thank goodness we have a dedicated space for Bill's fish 'collection' and we don't have a basement full of tanks! Eric told us that he encouraged the reporter to contact us for a follow-up, but who knows if that will happen. Maybe on a slow news day! Still, maybe Eric's bit will jog some memories about the place and we'll get some new customers. We have a lot of regulars, but we are always excited to talk to new people. Anyway, here's the card:

I made this card for my mom for Valentine's Day. This is prior to my new photo setup, so I apologize for the crappy picture. I am never home during the daylight hours, so I can't get pictures in natural light. The card base is Stamper's Select White, scalloped along the bottom using my corner rounder. I stamped one of the small filigree images from PTI's Sweet Love in a repeating pattern on a piece of Real Red cardstock. The main image is also from the same set, again stamped on Real Red, this time in Palette Ink New Canvas. I mounted it to another piece of SSW, and cut it out using my scalloped scissors. As soon as those oval nestabilities come back in stock at PTI, they are mine! I added some jewels and the ribbon and that was it. Simple layout, but I love how the 'background' paper gives it a little elegance.

Last night at scuba we finally got all suited up and did a bit of diving (in the 4-foot section of the pool). It was.. weird. It definitely takes some getting used to. Bill is having a very difficult time. For starters, he's having a hard time because he's having a hard time. He's very athletic, so not being able to do something really bugs him. It only takes one time swallowing a mouthful of water or getting it up your nose to make you more than a little cautious. We'll see how it works out. We're not going to pursue it if he can't achieve some level of comfort. We're not all that worried - we're sure there's plenty more to do in Australia!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Love (PTI)
Paper: Stampers Select White (PTI), Real Red (SU)
Ink: Real Red (SU), Palette Ink New Canvas
Accessories: corner rounder, scallop scissors, jewels, ribbon (unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!