Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally... something new!

Finally! I ended up not going to scuba class last night, Bill went by himself. Things went better, so I think we're hanging on for now. So, I used my newly found free time to stamp. Let's say it didn't go as quickly as I had hoped, but I did get some cleaning done ('redding up' - does anyone else say this?) and broke into my new PTI stuff. I headed right for Women of Life, my favorite set from the new release. I just love those flowers. Julie, if you're reading this.. act surprised when you get your mail.


This card came about because I wanted to use some supplies that I had, as my husband put it, 'cannibalized' from a Hallmark card. The card base is 4 1/4 square Almost Amythest, but the next layer is this shimmery purple cardstock that I 'recycled'. I used my bone folder to put some score marks along the top and bottom to add a little something. It wasn't enough for me, so I used the dotted line stamp from the Faux Ribbon set stamped in VersaMagic Pretty Petunia. I like how it mirrored the dotted 'leaves.' I stamped the stems in the new Spring Moss, which is just a wonderful color. The flowers are stamped in Pretty Petunia, and the centers in Thatched Straw. My first try at this image, I overloaded it with sparkles and it was just too much. For this one, I outlined the stems with my Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust clear sparkle pen, but it doesn't show up well in the photo. I mounted the image on Spring Moss cardstock and then tied the Spring Moss twill tape around it... ah, coordination. I love this ribbon, it is really gorgeous. The sentiment is from Mixed Messages stamped in Palette Noir on a small cuttlebug tag. The little purple bauble was taken from the Hallmark card. I love it!

So, how do the photos look to you? They are getting better, but are they bright enough? I can't tell whether it is still lighting issues at home, or whether its the color on my monitor. Let me know what you think.. your feedback would be helpful. I hope you have a great weekend! Its starting to really snow here (AGAIN- geez!), so I may head home early. I don't want to get caught out there when it gets too bad. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Women of Life, Mixed Messages, Faux Ribbon (PTI)
Paper: Almost Amythest (SU), Stampers Select White, SS Spring Moss (PTI), Cannibalized shimmery purple from Hallmark (at least I got something good out of the card).
Ink: Palette Ink Noir, Spring Moss (PTI), VersaMagic Pretty Petunia, Thatched Straw (Tsukineko).
Accessories: Spring Moss twill tape (PTI), small cuttlebug tag, Sakura gelly roll stardust pen, purple bauble (recycled Hallmark).

4 comments:

  1. Great card with the new set! I love those colors together! Thanks for always leaving such nice comments on my blog:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love the color combo!! And I think your picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha....I got my card today and came to see if you had blogged it!!! haha I love it...the sparkles do look better in person. :) goofball.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!